Saturday, January 3, 2009

I have decided to do a blog. I am typically not a journal writer, and to think that this is a journal that others will read is even more intimidating, but I think it will be good to jot down thoughts from time to time.

So, I will start by introducing you to my dog Kiva who loves to look out the window, however, is now a bit upset at the new arrangment of the furniture because the couch is no longer by the window. Many people think she is a mix of a border collie and something else, but she is a purebread Karelian Bear Dog, which most have not heard of before. I had only heard of them this summer and after reading all about them decided I would love to own one...especially out here in the bush. To read more go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karelian_Bear_Dog. Kiva was born on June 16 and I got her on Sept 17th. She has been such a joy and has made living alone not nearly as lonely. Her favorite treats are Chummy Yummies and Buddy Biscuits. She is fed Taste of the Wild dog food and overall just enjoys life and being with people. I hope one day all who read this will get a chance to meet her. :) In the meantime she and I will try and stay warm in the -48 winter we are having in Galena. :)









No comments:

Post a Comment